Thursday, May 19, 2016

IB Physics Extension

One of the things I like to do in my class is allow students some time at the beginning of the lesson to help each other with their homework questions. The challenge, though, is making sure that students who are on top of things and aren't busy helping others can still be productive during that time.

To that end, I've compiled a collection of IB Physics Extension pages. The idea is that for whatever part of the syllabus your students are currently working on, there's some kind of related, self-guided extension that they could explore. It might be:

  • An interesting article on related science
  • A really tough problem
  • A thought-provoking video or application
  • A neat simulation


Just this week I've finally complied enough pages that there should be at least one page for any lesson in the IB Physics course, so no matter what lesson you're on you could always refer a student to the collection of extension topics.

You'll find all the pages here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?page=view&resid=87532983CCE41649!742&authkey=!AO1VuIbAaVJkrkc

I find that I get the best uptake on this extension if I spend a minute of class time introducing a page or two before students break out into their work.

The collection is still growing so let me know if you spot something neat you think I should add!

No comments:

Post a Comment